Friday, May 23, 2014

Five places I would love to....

RUN, of course!!!!

TGIF running friends! I am super excited this week to be linking up with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up for What?!, for my first ever blog link up party!!!! This week was Five Places I Would Like to Run.  As I sat down to ponder this, I knew a few places that hands down would go on my list.  My problem was narrowing it down to FIVE.  Just FIVE?!  My media news feeds are LITTERED with places that I would love to run.  Each time someone posts pictures from races or training runs I am immediately jealous and wishing I was running there too.

So I struggled, I made lists and side lists and themed lists and distance lists and then I went out to dinner with my husband to think about it more over dessert.  I decided that I was going to make a bucket list, list.  The five places I need to run before I stop running.  So without further ado, here are the five places that have got me dreaming of running them:

Freedom Trail; Boston, MA
I LOVE, I mean LOVE the city of Boston, MA.  I also love historical scenes and information.  Imagine my surprise when with a bit of research I found that they literally RUN the Freedom Trail in Boston every Friday, Saturday and Sunday! You get a running tour of the cities most historical sites and you get to do it with other people! A 5k loop brings you through the cities most historical landmarks that you will get to stop and explore and learn about, all while rocking your running clothes and being active.  Totally my idea of a fun weekend run! Oh and bonus?  You totally get a shirt at the end too!!! Got to love the running bling!!!




Nike Women's Half, DC
Speaking of bling, ummmm why not score a Tiffany's necklace as your race medal?! YES PLEASE!!!! Not to mention that again you are running by and near our nations historical landmarks.  Oh yeah and the time of year is SPRING, which means cherry blossoms and pure beauty as you run the 13.1 mile route with 14,000 other women! Nike Women's Half not only celebrates women it also raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) and their charity program Team in Training (TNT). Met at the finish line by men in tuxedos handing you a tiny blue box is probably the best finish line experience ever.  Yes, sign me up please!

Coast of Maine
This one is not really a bucket list contender since I run the coast of Maine whenever I want.  Including once running around the Isle au Haut, an island off the coast of Maine that is half part of Acadia National Park.  The views are just simply breath taking and you NEVER know what is going to be around the next corner. From wildlife, to rainbows and crashing waves the views are always changing and never seize to amaze me.  As for races I have been eyeing the Maine Coast Marathon to take on.  After all it is 26.2 miles of coast line and small quaint Maine towns, You really can NOT go wrong with that! Plus I have heard the volunteers are amazing ;) (future blog on what I learned while volunteering at the Maine Coast Marathon coming soon!)

Mount Washington Auto Road Race
So this one is all about pure PURE challenge and of course a rewarding view at the very end. 7.6 miles of all hill.  It is only one hill but you go all the way up and end literally in the clouds at the top of Mount Washington, NH, where it is one of the most extreme weather spots in the world! This is definitely not a race to PR in but one to survive and have finishing be your goal.  It is a lottery entry so luck must be on your side but if it is you can literally run to the clouds and earn that ride back down :)  



Disney Princess Half, Walt Disney World 
I saved this one for last.  It is my DREAM race.  Like absolute fantasy race!!!!!! It usually occurs around my mine and my husband's wedding anniversary weekend so I have been working on him to have a family vacation to Disney for some running as our "gift".  What girl doesn't want to relive her girlhood princess dreams and run 13.1 miles through the most enchanted place on Earth being cheered on by none other than the Disney Princesses?  Seriously, it must be pure magic and I am hoping that one day I will get there. Who knows maybe sooner rather than later ;)

What is on your race or run bucket list?  Where is your favorite place to run?  Interested in running any of my list?



18 comments:

  1. Mount Washington - there's a challenge! The coast of Maine would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that Mount Washington race sounds amazing (exhausting and hard but amazing). I love your focus on New England. I lived in Boston for 13 years and simply loved it. Too bad my race addiction didn't really go into full effect until after I left. I could've had a field day up there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I simply adore New England!!! Boston is a favorite place of mine. Its funny how you look back and say I wish I were a runner when... like when we honeymooned in Hawaii. Yes I wish I had put down some miles there! Thanks for letting me link up this week :)

      Delete
  3. I really want to do that Women's Half in DC too! It looks so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard nothing but awesomeness about it. Plus I just love DC in all of its historical sites. And ummm who doesn't want a little blue box ;)

      Delete
  4. nike in DC is fun! i've run in maine before and it's gorgeous. thanks for linking up and what a great list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I loved the link up! Thanks for hosting such a fun blog event. I wish I had been a runner when we lived in DC 5 years ago!

      Delete
  5. Any coastal run sounds like a winner to me! My Friday Five included quite a few beaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beach running is hands down amazing. Any beach any coast!

      Delete
  6. I have ran the Disney Princess the last three years and that's one of my favorites! I have never heard of Mount Washington Auto Road Race. Looks like quite the challenge! This sounds like an East coast Big Sur with the beautiful views and survivor of Hurricane Point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so fun!!! I'm holding out hoping some day!!!

      Delete
  7. I grew up in NH and Boston, lived in Boston for 6 years after college and I still haven't run the Freedom trail I'm embarrased to say! I didn't really have a desire to do the Nike Women's DC, I've been turned off by the price tag until I volunteered at a water station this year. I definitely want to do this one now :) Not really sure about the Disney races, although I have contemplated the Dopey Challenge. Still trying to get the hubby on board for that one! Oh, and the Mt Washington Auto Road...definitely want to do!! I've been toying with the idea of the lottery for several years now and haven't gotten up the guts to go for it yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I say we lottery for it the same year!!!

      Delete
  8. I love that I've done 2 of the races you mention! I also am the same way - every time I see a race recap or photos I'm like "I want to do that race!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Race recap and sometimes just a photo of a trail or running path. I am totally addicted!

      Delete
  9. My 5 would be: Marathons in NYC, Chicago, Paris, London, & the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim hike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand Canyon Rim to Rim was really close to making my list!!!!

      Delete