Monday, February 9, 2015

Marathon Monday ~ Maine Coast style!

This Monday is a little different.  Instead of bringing you an inspiration Marathon story or a Marathon race recap I thought that I would change it up and bring you the RACE that inspired me to want to run a marathon.


I came across the Maine Coast Marathon last year and immediately without thinking signed up! The course from Kennebunk to Biddeford sounds amazing and it taking place on Mother's Day was the perfect gift to myself.  But then, after I was already registered I found out that I was pregnant with my precious little Sugar Plum.  Not wanting to be 35 weeks pregnant running my first marathon I deferred until 2015.  

I am sooooo glad I did, why?  Because this year they switched their logo to a mermaid and I absolutely love it!!! I know, I know but it's the little things that make me happy.  This year they also
had The Shipyard Brewpub sign on as their title sponsor, so it's FREE beer after the race, SCORE! All of the bling aside I am drawn to the coast and I absolutely love Maine.  I figured there wouldn't be a better place for me to test my limits and push them, then with the views of the coast that I love the most.  Last year I volunteered at the finish line handing out medals.  The amount of
inspiration that crossed that line was UNBELIEVABLE.  I can not wait to do it myself in just a few short months.

If you are thinking about joining in on one of the awesome races that the Maine Coast has planned for this epic mermaid weekend then sign up! The race is at 70% capacity now and last year it sold out in February.  With the addition of the new half marathon course, the Bosom Buddy Relay and the 39.3 mile challenge it is going to sell out sooner rather than later! The shirts are awesome, the finishers jackets amazing and the event will be epic! And if that isn't enough to make you want to come run maybe the course video will.  Totally look for my Runfie in front of the Wedding Cake house come May!!!!



So use code Christina2015 to sign up today and save $5 on your entry and then come share a finisher beer with me after I become a rock star and complete my first 26.2!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I would love to run this race, but I don't think it will happen this year...although I WOULD be all trained up for it....hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just DO IT! I would love that :)

      Delete
    2. Just DO IT! I would love that :)

      Delete
    3. I would love to and I even looked at our schedule but I don't think I can make it happen :(

      Delete