It is National Running Day. The love for running is flying around all social media outlets and I get so excited and giddy seeing all of these runner's coming together and running to celebrate today. In true runner fashion I too laced up and hit the road running. The whole time marveling on the difference a year makes. Last year on this day I did 3.1 miles while pushing the double and being 36 weeks pregnant. This year I went out early and met a friend out there. 4 glorious talkative miles later I came home to the screams of delight from all three of my miracles. Great start to my day hands
In honor of National Running Day I am super excited to team up with Kristen from JonesInForARun and a bunch of other blogs for a fun running interview. Thanks Kristen for heading this up and sending the questions. I had so much fun answering them!!!
1. Why do you run? I run to feel limitless. To believe. To be brave. To discover me.
2. How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day? Hitting the road in the quiet start of the day. When all there is out are the other runners and the birds waking up the neighborhood.
3. How many miles have you run so far this year? Oh my gosh how many miles have I run this year? It will take me a second but I will go add them up.... 492.5!!!!! Which means a part of me wants to push for 1,000 miles this year!!!
4. What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year? First and foremost the biggest event was my first marathon. Yes, I am now a MARATHONER and totally badass in my own personal opinion. The events leading up to that 26.2 plus the insane INSANE heat after a very VERY long winter of training made me feel totally kickass :). The rest of the year my calendar is surprisingly filling faster than I thought it would. I have a Vermont 5k, a very sought after10k (hello Beach to Beacon!!!), my first EVER Ragnar with Reach the Beach and then I am doing a half with my sister. Her first half, it is going to be epic!!!!
5. Before I leave for a run you must have: A dozen or more kisses from each of my littles, my epi pen and my phone. My phone is only for emergency calls now, like in case I actually need to use the epi pen. I learned last year to run sans music and I actually do not even think about putting it on anymore.
6. Do you have one favorite app to track your runs? RunKeeper!
7. Who is your favorite running partner? I LOVE having running partners and each time I have one or more I feel so lucky to be out there doing what I love doing with others!!! But hands down my fav is my hubby. I love that he slows down for me. I love that we can go out and be together and talk and catch up and he believes that I can do it. He is my number one cheerleader and the one who most gets my crazy. :)
8. What races have you ran so far this year? Opps, here is where I should have mentioned that marathon huh? I did the Maine Coast Marathon in May. I completed the 26.2 miles and was so so so proud to cross that line to the cheers of my family!!!
9. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running what would it be? The miles do not make the runner, the pace doesn't make the runner. The fact that you are out there giving it your all makes you a runner. Do NOT fall into the trap of thinking you are not a runner because you run 13 minute miles, you don't look like the stereotypical runner, or because your long run is 4 miles. You are a runner its all in a state of mind.
10. Describe your relationship with running in one word: Evolving!
Why do YOU run? Have you put in some miles for #nationalrunningday?
Linking up is so much fun!!!