Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hitting the road running!

Hi! *wave*

Welcome aboard my crazy train.  Things around here are never dull and it is never easy to squeeze in a run, but somehow I make it happen.  I have learned in the past year that I need to start doing things *gasp* are you ready for this?... I need to do things for ME! Yes, that's right for myself.  As a mom, me as a person is always shoved to the back.  My needs are last, if I have to eat I do after everyone else is served and fed, if I need a shower I am the one with the cold water, if I need to potty I cross my legs and put everyone else through the line first.  But with my new found friend Running, I have learned that I can do things, awesome things and I need to do them for ME!

So I have decided to take it up a notch and add my little quirk of writing in with the running and now I can become a crazy writing runner.  What better place than a blog to chronicle all my running stories and to maybe just MAYBE motivate some other runners out there for whatever they are training for.

I wasn't always a runner, in fact when I first took up running I couldn't even do a 1/4 mile without quitting and just giving up.  But things change (see here for the beginning of that change!) and I have changed.  I ran my first half last fall and I haven't looked back yet.  I am loving the new confidence and freedom being a runner has brought me.  I officially call myself a runner now, which for the longest time I had a HARD time doing.  I always used to say I run but...not fast, not far, not long, not good.... Whatever, I run.  I may run like a turtle through peanut butter but I run and thanks to one cold winter day where, while running it all clicked, I can call myself a runner.

So, my name is C. And I like to call myself C Runner.  I run. I am a mom. I am a wife. I am a daughter, sister, friend and more.  But most importantly I am me. This is a journey of discovery, because what you discover about yourself while the miles are pounded down under your feet is pretty freakin amazing.  I hope you follow along, and say hi occasionally!


Live, Laugh, RUN

No comments:

Post a Comment