Friday, November 1, 2013

November Blessings

It's November!!!! Race season is coming to a close and the weather is turning cold and dreary.  The beauty of the fall has passed and everyone is getting ready to hunker down and enjoy some cozy and warm family time.  I have brought down my running layers and have started transitioning into my cold weather running.

November also brings Thanksgiving and tends to be the month where blessings are counted.  I have unfortunately been in a funk.  I hate being in funks, and my running is NOT helping.  I have been having bad run after bad run and it's getting me down.  So, I have decided to keep my chin up buttercup and use November to put things into perspective.  Each day in the month of November I will blog about something I am thankful for.  I have so many blessings in life, that this funk is not going to last long if I can pull them into the forefront and kick the bad attitude to the side!!!

Today I am thankful for the running community.  WOW, what an amazing group of people runners are.  Friends are made over the sole fact that you are runners.  Support is given whole heartily, inspiration, motivation and care is given without a second thought.  Last night, I let it be known over on Crazy Mama Runner's Facebook page that I was struggling and the comments of encouragement has just poured in.  I have made so many wonderful new friends that I hope to race with someday!!! All around the world I am now connected to this group of runners and it is AMAZING!!! I love reading about their PRs and goals, their training and struggles.  We are all there to hold each other up and help become who we are meant to be.  I truly TRULY am so thankful for this support group!

Happy Running!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've always found that the running community is so supportive of each other. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It REALLY is!!! Runners are some of the most friendliest people EVER!

      Delete