Monday, November 4, 2013

It's the little things

Tonight's thanks goes out to my baby girl.  My little mini who is about to turn 5! *GASP* I am about to be mom to a 5 year old?  Although, tonight as we stole away from the boys (who are always super stinky) and headed out to a dinner date it was hard to believe I was sitting with a 5 year old and not a 15 year old.  That child is so so SO mature for her age and the wisdom that comes out of her mouth often times has ME stopping and reflecting and changing the way I was thinking.  

As we filled up on some vegetarian Mexican food and talked running, yes we talked running and made some more in the near future dates that includes running the neighborhood each pushing our babies, I just couldn't help but feel the overwhelming joy of being her mom.  I am forever grateful for God for putting this special soul in our lives.  

So thank YOU my little Peanut Butter Bean Pie Princess Baby Girl (you used to make me call you this, back in the sass of your 2 year old self).  Thank you for being YOU.  Thank you for laughing, for caring, for investigating.  Thank you for making me see the world differently.  Thank you for being there when mommy just needs someone special to talk to, listen to and love on.  I will always ALWAYS love you to the moon and back and more than my running shoes :) 


3 comments:

  1. So sweet!!! I love those moments with my son... It is funny to see how different his relationship is with his daddy, as opposed to his relationship with me. He is 6 years old, and very snuggly and kissy with me, where as when he is with his daddy, they are the "stinky" boys for sure!! HAHA! I love time with just him :) It sounds like your daughter is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete