Sunday, September 7, 2014

Stepping out and Meeting up!

Stepping out of my comfort zone is hard.  Very hard.  I am a creature of habit and I am totally a shy social person.  I love to be around people, meet people yet I have such a hard time doing it.  I am always second guessing myself and finding me lacking so I tend to shy away.  I write this blog and I am present on all social media but I do not consider myself a real blogger or a real runner for that matter.  Yesterday,
however, I did something crazy.  Totally unlike me.  The cards seemed to align and I found myself eagerly accepting an invitation to the #NHRunBloggerMeetup.

WOW! As I drove in the car to meet Sarah from Run Far Girl, I was beyond anxious.  Totally, second guessing myself and almost calling her to say I was out at the last minute.  But I didn't I got in her car and rode along to Runner's Alley in Concord.  The entire time, scared and nervous.  I knew the meet up was starting off with a group run and I knew I am not yet back 100% from having the baby.  I know I am slow normally but super slow right now.  I also had no clue the millage we would be covering and so far I had only been doing 2 miles with the occasional 3.

The entire hour drive Sarah was the sweetest person I have ever just met and found myself having a conversation with.  I opened up to her about my blog being new and not having a large following (I literally have 3 followers right now).  I was apprehensive about having to mingle with some very amazing and inspiring bloggers and didn't want to sound like a total doofus.  She never even broke her stride and gave me
some amazing and wonderful tips and advice.  She was so honest and upfront and I learned so much from her!

Runner's Alley was so gracious and Jeremiah was such a great guy! The group run he led was fantastic and he answered all questions along the way.  A 4.5 mile running tour of Concord was so much fun!!!! I couldn't really talk and keep up and found myself
drifting further and further behind but I was having the time of my life.  Taking in the sites and listening to the blog talk and the runners world info.

After the run both Jeremiah and Sarah gave me great advice on the blog and writing reviews while we snacked on the newest Stonyfield yogurt and I tried to get the
sweating under control.

I got home last night and just honestly, couldn't believe I had done what I had done.  I stepped out.  I let myself call me a blogger and a runner and I connected with other bloggers and runners and I now have a direction and some tips that I hope will take my blog into something new.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and let the magic happen and boy did it.  I highly recommend finding meetups in your area! Whether it be for blogging or for running.  If you live in the NH area I strongly suggest popping into one of the three Runner's Alley stores and seeing what they have to offer for group runs, PT nights, shoe fitting, apparel, running accessories.  The Manchester store even has stroller run groups!!!! How cool is that? Get out and connect with people it is AMAZING!!!!

PS I am still speechless with the swag I walked away with last night!!!! Including winning the raffle for a new pair of sneakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








PPS Go follow Run Far Girl if you are not all ready.  She is so absolutely amazing!  She has some absolutely adorable and comfortable tees and tanks printed with Embrace the Hill and proceeds go to CHaD kids!

Some other NH bloggers that are great to follow are:
HappyFitMama
Shoelaces and Bibs
Organic Runner Mom
Saltmarsh Running
Running Escapades
TakesGuts2Run
Running on Peanut Butter



















































































































































4 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you. That was a huge step and I'm so glad you took it. I hope it helps your self confidence with all of this. You totally have what it takes, it just takes time. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW....love that tank, definitely need one of those...how is the sizing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a medium so I'd say true to size. They are amazingly comfortable as well as cute!

      Delete