Friday, December 12, 2014

It's all about the BITS?

Energybits that is.

Recently, I was given a fantastic opportunity to try out EnergyBits.  I was sent a sample and afterseeing ALL over social media the #poweredbybits posts I was anxious and excited to give them a try!
They arrived in the mail and I got to work researching what I was going to be consuming.  

I was thrilled to learn about the tiny algae bits.  The super nutritiously dense super food.  No GMOs, no caffeine, no sugar, no soy or gluten, NO CHEMICALS!!!! Just pure plant based goodness all in one tiny little 1 calorie per bit package.

Excitedly I tore open the package and was ready to give it a try.  Except, here is where my balloon of excitement began to deflate a bit.  Why?  Because a serving was 30, yes THIRTY of these little bits.  The directions read to take 30 bits before heading out for a long run or whatnot. And it specifically warned against chewing.  As I fought to get all thirty swallowed, I immediately understood the reason you wouldn't want to chew them at all.  Even just swallowing them I could taste the algae taste on my tongue and it wasn't that tasty.

I will say that I did manage to get them all swallowed which is sort of a big deal for me.  I have gag reflex issues that makes even swallowing a gel cap Tylenol almost impossible some days.  I felt great all day, and I felt fantastic on my run.  I really loved that fact that I was putting an energy dense super food into my body.ok, I can learn to get these down easier, and it will just become routine.  So I looked into purchasing some of my own little bits.  After all, I was def #poweredbybits on the days I tried them.  This is where my balloon became sort of flat.  I could not believe the cost. At $3.50 a SERVING I sadly realized that this would not be an option on the budget of a stay at home mama.  As much as I KNOW that they are GOOD for me, I just can't justify the cost when I know that I can make other choices in our meal planning in order to incorporate super foods for the WHOLE family to get.
 And I was having a natural reaction to this natural plant based product.  I started thinking

Overall, if price is not a factor for you and swallowing is easy then I say whole heartily GO FOR IT.  This product truly is super and amazing.  One day once the kids are through college maybe I can have an Energybit fund of my own :)

Have your tried the bits?  What are your thoughts?  Any other fuel that YOU love?

1 comment:

  1. I was not a fan for all of the reasons you pointed out. Way too expensive and I couldn't get them all down! 30 for one serving? Ummm, no thank you. I'll stick with my Skoop supergreens!

    ReplyDelete