Friday, March 6, 2015

Friday FIVE!!! A few Favorites

It is Friday and with it the glorious start of the weekend is upon us.  As is the Friday link up of course with You Signed Up for What?!, Mar on the Run, and Eat Pray Run DC.  So here it is the short, sweet and simple list.  Along with raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens these are five of my faves for this week.

What am I loving?

Happy Mail!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting mail (brown paper packages ties up with string?).  Any kind of mail, post cards, letters, packages it is all my fav.  This week has been a fun fun week of mail.  I reached out asking for donations to put towards a "get moving" basket for the raffle table at my daughters Daddy/Daughter dance coming up and I am just floored with the support! So far, I have received a Go Go Sports Doll (which may have arrived with a second one to GIVEAWAY!!!), some absolutely adorable headbands from Bondi Band (LOVE them!!! And the fact that the owner is from Maine!!!!) and the coolest socks from My Soxy Feet.  (I happened to have ordered some for myself and my Mister Mister as well and we are sporting them right now! Pure LOVE!)




Paying it Forward

Speaking of mail.  I LOVE sending it as much as I love getting it.  It thrills me to go to the Post Office to send a package that I KNOW is going to make someone smile.  This week I was able to send out a brand new pair of Newtons to a lucky gal.  Her response upon getting them was that she felt like she won the lottery.  And I LOVED being the one that made her smile that day.  It is so fun to drop unexpected happiness on random people.



Sweet Surprises

I am a romantic at heart.  I am a girl who loves a good love story or the sappy movies on TV.  This week my lovely hubby romantically surprised me TWICE! Once with a love note found on my windshield when I came out of my daughter's dance practice and a second time when he came home early with my favorite flowers AND candy in hand.  What a sweet little surprise to be cooking dinner and finding your husband standing there with a beautiful sign of spring and taste of chocolate!




Baby Games

My sweet little Sugar Plum is growing so big and she loves to tell us just how big in an adorable game of "How Big is Lulu".  Watching her and the older kids play with plenty of grins and giggles is priceless.  I love how proud they are of learning a new skill and showing off as much as possible.  Speaking of new skills she has fearlessly taken some steps this week.  Falling of course but taking them.  I really don't think it will be long before she is running along side mama too.



SUNSHINE!!!!

The sun has actually shone! YES bright and golden in the sky this week and oh my what a treat!! It actually warmed up enough to have a day of the sap running too and we were able to collect enough to have a small first boil.  Ever taste real, fresh maple syrup?  Yeah its good.  WICKED good! I am so looking forward to warmer longer days and the feel of spring on my face for some running soon!





6 comments:

  1. Love this post! So many awesome things, and how awesome that you sent Newtons to someone!!! I love the Go Go Sports dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting packages in the mail too! It brings me so much joy. I love headbands so I am going to have to check out Bondi Band. Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting and sending Mail is the best! I'm planning a special package to send to my niece this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing week !! How cool to send someone unexpecting a pair of Newtons! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute socks! And Lulu is adorable! Enjoy that sunshine! Hopefully, it means the end of winter!

    ReplyDelete