Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Five ~ Snap Shots

It's Friday!!!! Yay the only thing I would have liked to say more than TGIF is it's SPRING! This week I have to say the snow after more snow and the cold followed by more cold is getting to me more than it has ever done before.  I am a Maine girl born and raised, usually I am tougher than this but I am thinking of caving and finding a treadmill.....

But anyway, it's Friday!!! Which means as of this evening my best friend and parenting back up is home.  Running wont be as difficult to coordinate and one long run is in the way of me and the wrapping up of Marathon Training week 5!!!

This week I am teaming up with the great trifecta: You Signed up for WHAT?!, Eat Pray Run, DC and Mar on the Run, to bring you the Friday Five!! This week was Fitness Snapshots.  Since I spent my week mostly running and complaining about the snow that is never ending, I figured posting 5 snapshots of me looking like a Winter Warrior Ninja standing in 4 feet of snow would get sort of boring  repetitive.  So I decided to post 5 snapshots of my thinking this week.




1) I AM a Badass Mother Runner.

For real.  I may be complaining about the weather but I am kicking some serious ass out there ESPECIALLY since I do NOT want to be out there!!!! I am pushing limits and holding strong. (Even though I am breaking, I am currently contemplating a gym membership and dreaming of getting my hands on a treadmill.)

2) How can there BE so much snow?  Seriously, stop stop stop!!! I do NOT want to run on anymore unplowed sidewalks!  It's like constantly beach running, yet there is no ocean, sun, WARMTH or pina coladas.

3) Snow shoeing with the inquisitive wonder of a 3 year old and a 6 year old is amazing.  It makes for one beautiful winter wonderland of smiles and memories.  Not to mention that its great cross training.  I loved how we stopped to look at snowflakes and a babbling brook.  How we followed some deer tracks and some rabbit tracks.  How we even took some tiny pieces of nature home because they wanted to join our family.


4) Planks! Really there isn't much more to say.  I love them! They hurt, yet I can't stop pushing myself to see how far I can go with them.  Not to mention I LOVE how the kids love them too.  I will be folding laundry or picking up and the request to plank is immediately fulfilled.  They love to be cheered on and timed.


5) I want to quit!!! The constant trying to fit training in, rearranging schedules, making it work while being a mom to three and not having other people around that understand is draining me. Training is hard.  It's exhausting and challenging and I am giving it every ounce I have.  But every time I get to put a tiny little heart around the mileage I conquered I am giddy.  I love that my calendar is full of these little hearts, showing that I am really doing this and sticking with it!!!!!



What about you.  Do you have any fitness snapshots to share?

3 comments:

  1. Awww, love the baby plank! So cute. You are a BAMR and I know you want to quit. It IS hard. I have a hard time with 2 kids, let alone 3 so I admire you so much for sticking with this. Stick with it, it WILL pay off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my dear friend!!! And the ola king baby kills me. Its hilarious and she does it all the time!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so done with snow! This morning, my run was all on the roads because my trails are snow packed. I could have used those snow shoes!

    ReplyDelete