Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday Five ~ Five Races for 2015!

Oh Friday how I love thee, let me count the ways... FIVE which means it is time once again to link up with Mar on the Run, You Signed Up for WHAT?! and Eat Pray Run DC for the weekly installment of the Friday Five.


This week we are talking about 5 races to run in 2015.  Who doesn't love a good race?  There is nothing like hitting that button that makes it official.  For registering for something that you have been just itching to do.  For having a goal and a training schedule in the works.  So here is what I decided should be the 5 races to do in 2015.

1) The Ragnar/Relay Race.  These are fun and team building.  It takes a group of people who love to run and throws them together for an unforgettable weekend of miles, memories and moving.  Often taking you across an entire state or through some pretty amazing scenes.  I am signed up for Reach the Beach in September.  I really don't know my team...YET! But I will and I am pretty positive that we will have fun going from the mountains of NH to the beach,  Holla if you will be there too!!!! 4



2) The Fun Run.  Go out and get some color or some sparkle.  Run through mud, foam or obstacles. Join some friends and forget about pace and time.  Just do it for the pure love of getting out there and running with some of the ones you love most.  Introduce running in a fun way to your kids or neighbor.  Let go of the stress of training and constantly trying to PR and just RUN for FUN!



3) The Virtual Race.  So many great races, for some fantastic cause can be found VIRTUALLY! Why not pick a cause, find a race and then run it ANYWHERE at ANYTIME!  These can be a lot of fun and the bling can get pretty awesome!! I have done a handful of them and it is always exciting knowing that when I step out my door the race is on! It helps me get out and push it for all I have, even when there is no one else around!



4) The Bucket List Race.  Just go and DO IT! That one race that you have been dreaming about, turning green with envy every time you hear someone who is going to get to run THAT race.  Look into it plan and DO IT.  Make 2015 the year you ran THAT and let some of your dreams come true!!!


5) The Marathon.  Or really any race that you may be a little scared of.  A first 5k, a 10k or a half.  Or hell if you have done all that then maybe an ultra will scare you a bit.  Sign up for a race that will challenge you.  Make you push your limits and test your mental strength.  A race that training for will make you lay it all out on the road and discover just a bit more about yourself.  Whether it is distance you are pushing or terrain let it scare you and then go CONQUER it!!! I will be out there in May seeing if I can do something that is just a little crazy and a whole lot of scary!!! If you want to come join in you can use code Christina2015 to register for the Maine Coast Marathon and save $5.  The code is good for any of the Maine Coast races happening that weekend!


What races would you put on the must run list?  Have YOU ever done a bucket list race?


12 comments:

  1. I've never run a virtual race but I know they are often for a great cause and can be a lot of fun! Ragnar is definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did WDW half a few years ago, which was a bucket list race for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do Reach the Beach so bad....I'm thinking next year though. I'm doing Ragnar DC in October so not sure I can get two weekends away that close together! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing Ragnar Appalacian Trail relay this year. I can't wait! My race that scares me a little bit is Burning River 100 mile endurance run. It will be my first hundo. Eek! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100 miler!!!! Yes that is a bit scary and AWESOME!

      Delete
  5. My bucket list race was the WDW Marathon. All done with that! Next up, I want to run a Ragnar - probably Miami to Key West.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, my first two half marathons were WDW. Last year I won an entry into REVEL Rockies. I had no idea going in, but that ended up being a bucket list type of race. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete